Thursday, February 22, 2007

Week 7, Things 16 and 17 - Wikis

Wikis are a very handy tool for collaborating, sharing information, and learning from others. I think they have great potential for libraries. For instance, Princeton Public Library's BookLovers Wiki is a great tool for reader's advisory. The Library Success Best Practices Wiki demonstrates how a wiki can be used for professional development and sharing ideas. I also like the wikis that were developed for specific events, such as the ALA 2006 New Orleans wiki. That wiki appears to have a lot of useful information for conference attendees!


For Thing 17, I added my blog to the SJLibrary sandbox wiki and I added one of my favorite books, Candyfreak, to the "Favorite books" page.

1 comment:

Virtual Services Team said...

Thanks for adding (and probably re-adding) your blog to the wiki!