Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Week 6, Thing 13 - del.icio.us

My thoughts after exploring del.icio.us...

The good - it's a great way to store/retrieve your bookmarks and to pick up new favorites by tag or popularity. Also, it's quick and easy to add sites to your favorites list with the del.icio.us buttons.

The not so good - in my opinion, it's a kind overboard with text. For a library's purposes, sharing links with a classification scheme, like this provides a cleaner and neater presentation. It would be useful to have 'subject specialty' accounts. I started to put together a del.icio.us account centered around one of my hobbies: arts and crafts, particularly those made with recycled materials. Here is my del.icio.us account so far. It's got a ways to go!


(Feeling the need to insert a picture ... here's one of my old discarded keyboard crafts)

1 comment:

Virtual Services Team said...

You bring up some good points. I have also found del.icio.us to be way overwhelming. Thanks for the feedback.