Saturday, February 3, 2007

Week 4, Thing 9 - Library related blogs and feeds

I spent a brief while exploring the suggested RSS search tools. Syndic8 is interesting because it highlights the 5 recently added, the 5 most popular feeds, and the most viewed feeds. It also highlights random syndicated feeds.

The one that was most useful is Topix because I found I could get local news stories most relevant to the Santa Teresa area in my bloglines feeds. Other library related RSS feeds I found include Librarians' Internet Index (New This Week), and Library Link of the Day.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I agree about Topix! Isn't it great? I had no idea something so useful was hidden in that great big pile of Stuff!

Leftover Whimsy said...

Yeah, Topix is pretty nifty for searching lots of news sources in a jiffy!
(hey - that rhymes. ;))