Monday, January 29, 2007

Week 3, Thing 7 - Post about anything technology related)

This topic makes me want to break out into a Kip Dynamite-like song. I love technology.
I think the best way I can approach this is to share some of my favorite technology related things of the moment:

Text to voice software. I'm currently using the trial version of this one, it works very well. I'll probably end up purchasing it. So far I've mainly been using it to listen to blog posts of friends, it's great to give my friends a 'voice.'

Amazing circles. An LJ friend introduced me to these a while back, they're basically a photo distortion where you can turn a digital photo into a sphere. It's really fun to make them, if you have Photoshop there is a tutorial here that shows how to make them. Here's one what one of my circles turned out to look like:

The original photo was of a beaded styrofoam ball ornament that a friend gave me. That image always reminds me of a glass paperweight. There are lots of great amazing circles pictures on Flickr.

I'm currently using Nero Ultra Edition to make something similar to amazing circles. Nero has a 'kaleidoscope' effect which is really easy to use in the PhotoSnap software. Here's a kaleidoscope I made of the Humpty Dumpty picture:

1 comment:

Virtual Services Team said...

You're blowing us away with your creativity. Your blogs are very interesting.